Ledge Inc. (“Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is a provider of an automation platform for finance teams ("Platform"). The Company also operates the website www.ledge.co and its subdomain (the “Website”, together with the Platform the "Service(s)").
This Policy applies to the collection and use of data pertaining to the following groups:
Website Visitors: shall mean any person who visits the Website or engages with certain features of the Website;
Clients: shall mean any person or entity that is trying to login to, registered to, or uses, the Platform.
Depending on your interaction with us, we may collect two types of data from you:
“Non-Personal Information” meaning aggregated, non-personal non-identifiable data, which may be made available or gathered via your access to and use of our Services. We are not able to identify the user from which the Non-Personal Information is collected. Such Non-Personal Information may include aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, such as browser version, operating system type and version, mobile network information, device settings, and software data;
“Personal Information” meaning individually identifiable data, namely data that identifies an individual or may, with reasonable effort, be used to identify an individual.
You are not obliged to provide any Personal Information to us. However, if you decide not to, then we may not be in a position to respond to your questions or requests, or some parts of the Services may not work as intended.
For the avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
The table below details the types of Personal Information we collect, the methods and purpose of such collection, and our lawful basis for processing such Personal Information (where the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") applies):
We ask for and collect your contact data and account information (such as name and email address) when you register to our Services or submit web forms and inquiries or contact customer support (“Contact Information”).
Our legal bases for processing your Contact Information are fulfilling our contractual obligation to you and our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests in this case are provision of our Services and communicating with you and providing support to our Services.
When you sign up for the Services, you are required to provide us with billing information. The required information depends on the billing method chosen. For example, if you pay with a credit card, we (or third-party service providers) will collect your card information and billing address, although we do not store full credit card numbers or personal account numbers ("Payment Information").
The legal bases for processing Payment Information are the performance of our contractual obligations to you, consent, and our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests in this case are processing payments which is necessary for the provision of our Services.
When you access our Services we collect information about your device. This information may include but is not limited to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, system configuration information, locale and language preferences (which may be Personal Information or may be linked with your Personal Information) and other identifiers. We also collect other sets of device identifiers, such as UDID, and other information transmitted by your device ("Device Information").
The legal bases for processing Device Information are the performance of our contractual obligation to you, and our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests in this case are optimizing our Services and tailoring them to your preferences, advertising and marketing our Services and keeping them secured.
We collect data pertaining to how you interact with our Services, including the pages you visited, URLs of referring pages, purchases made of our Services etc. ("Usage Information").
Such collection is based on our legitimate interests, which in this case are operating and improving our Services, providing support, ensuring your security, improving your user experience and advertising our Services.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the purposes listed below:
- To provide and operate the Services;
- To process payments;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates to our Services;
- To market our Services (see more below under “Marketing”), as well as to serve you advertisements;
- To conduct analytics, statistical and research purposes, in order to improve and customize the Services to your needs and interests;
- For customer relationship management purposes, and to provide support and troubleshooting Services and to respond to your queries;
- To enable us to further develop, customize and improve the Services based on Users’ common preferences and uses;
- To identify and authenticate your access to certain features of the Services;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent activity or any other type of activity that may jeopardize or negatively affect the integrity of the Services;
- To assist us with meeting our regulatory obligations or as required by law or regulation including to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request.
4. Tracking Technologies
When you use or access our Services, we use the following categories of Tracking Technologies:
- Strictly Necessary Tracking Technologies – these Tracking Technologies are automatically placed on your computer or device when you access our Services or take certain actions on our Website. These Tracking Technologies are essential to enable you to navigate around and use the features of our Services.
- Functionality Tracking Technologies – These Tracking Technologies allow our Services to remember choices you make (such as your language) and provide enhanced and personalized features. For example, these Tracking Technologies are used for authentication (to remember when you are logged-in) and support other features of our Services.
- Performance Tracking Technologies – These Tracking Technologies collect information about your online activity (for example the duration of your visit on our Services), including behavioral data and content engagement metrics. These Tracking Technologies are used for analytics, research and to perform statistical analysis (based on aggregated information).
- Advertising Tracking Technologies – These Tracking Technologies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The Tracking Technologies remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers and/or publishers. Publishers, advertisers, and third-party ad networks may also utilize Tracking Technologies or similar technologies to deliver ads and monitor the performance of such ads.
Most browsers will allow you to control the Tracking Technologies on your device’s hard drive, block acceptance of Tracking Technologies, or receive a warning before Tracking Technologies are stored. Below is a list of useful links that can provide you with more information on how to manage your Tracking Technologies:
You can learn more and turn off certain third party targeting and advertising Tracking Technologies by visiting the following third-party webpages:
- The Interactive Advertising Bureau (US);
- The Interactive Advertising Bureau (EU); and
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EU).
Please note that once you choose to opt out or disable Tracking Technologies, some features of the Services may not operate properly, and your online experience may be limited. In addition, even if you choose to opt-out, you may still receive some content and advertising, however it will not be targeted content or advertising.
5. Data Sharing
We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with third parties, including service vendors and/or contractors (collectively: “Partners”) except as described in this Policy. The Personal Information will be disclosed to Partners only to the extent required for the specific purpose, as stipulated in this Policy.
We share Personal Information with any of the following Partners:
- Our affiliated companies;
- Any subcontractors and service providers that we engage with to operate and support the Services, including but not limited to:
- Cloud computing companies;
- Marketing affiliates;
- Providers of analytics and measurement services;
- Online advertising providers;
- Payment service providers and payment processors;
- Auditors, contractors or legal/financial/other advisers of any of our business processes.
- Any third parties who investigate, detect or prevent fraudulent or illegal activity or enable us to enforce our policies (e.g. governmental authorities, law enforcement bodies, and other investigatory bodies), in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; and
- Potential purchasers, successors or investors in the Company, or in the event of a corporate transaction (e.g. sale of a substantial part of our business, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, consolidation or asset sale of an asset or transfer in the operation thereof) in relation to the Company (in such event, the acquiring company or transferee will assume the rights and obligations as described in this Policy).
We may use your Personal Information ourselves or by using our third-party subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning the Services as well as other products, services, websites, and applications which relate to the Company or its affiliated companies, which we believe may interest you.
You may at any time decline receiving further marketing by contacting us at email@example.com.
Please note that even if you unsubscribe from our marketing mailing list, we may continue to send you service-related updates and notifications.
7. Third Party Collection of Information
Please be aware that our Services may include links to other sites that are beyond the Company’s control of influence (“Third Party Services”).
You are knowingly and voluntarily assuming all risks of using any Third Party Services. You agree that we shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to such Third Party Services and your usage of them.
8. Data Regions and Transfers
We operate globally, and any data that we collect, disclose or share, including (but not limited to) your Personal Information, can be stored and processed in the European Economic Area, United States and Israel, for the purposes detailed in this Policy. To the extent that the GDPR (including the UK GDPR) is applicable, we will only transfer or share your Personal Information to data recipients:
- located in the EEA or in the UK;
- located in non-EEA countries or UK which have been approved as providing adequate level of data protection by the European Committee; or
- who have entered into a legal agreement ensuring an adequate level of data protection, including the Standard Contractual Clauses.
9. Data Subject Rights
Depending on your relationship with us, the jurisdiction in which you reside and the applicable data protection laws that apply to you, you may have the following rights concerning your Personal Information:
- Right to know or access Personal Information processed by us: the right to know what Personal Information we process about you, including the categories of Personal Information, the sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- Right of deletion: the right to delete Personal Information that we process concerning you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to correct inaccurate data: the right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you.
- Right to opt-out of the use of automated decision-making: in certain circumstances, you have the right to opt-out of the use of automated decision making in relation to your Personal Information.
- Right to data portability: you may request to get access to a copy of your Personal Information, including specific pieces of Personal Information, including, where applicable, to obtain a copy of the Personal Information you provided to us in a portable format.
- Right to restrict or object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, unless certain exceptions apply.
- Right to withdraw consent: If Personal Information is processed based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
Please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and legal obligations. If you are dissatisfied with our handling of your request, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
10. How We Keep Your Information Secured
The Company has adopted reasonable physical, technical and organizational safeguards against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access, use or processing of your Personal Information in its possession. The Company will promptly notify you in the event of any known unauthorized access to, or use of, the Personal Information. Please note however that, although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse the Services, and we make no guarantee, explicit, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent any and all such access attempts.
11. Retention and Deletion
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide our Services and the purposes covered herein, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined to take into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time.
12. Children’s Information
The Services are not directed or intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from individuals under 16 years of age. If we later obtain actual knowledge that an end user is under 16 years of age, we will take steps to remove that end user’s information from our systems.
13. Policy Amendments
The updated date of this Policy will be reflected in the “Last Revised” heading, indicated at the header of the Policy. We recommend you review this Policy periodically to ensure that you understand our most updated privacy practices.
14. Contact Us
If you have any further questions regarding the data collected, or how we use it, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.